ZaTab ZT2 and Vivaldi

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sun Oct 27 21:40:18 MST 2013

Am 23. Oct, 2013 schwätzte Matt Graham so:

moin moin,

>> On 10/22/2013 10:20 PM, der.hans wrote:
>>> http://zareason.com/shop/ZaTab-ZT2.html
> On 2013-10-22 23:08, Michael Butash wrote:
>> Kind of a crap display, 1280x800 is pretty meager.
>
> My first laptop had 800x600, 16-bit color, 32M, 2G, no built-in NIC, and it
> cost twice as much as this tablet.  (OTOH, it was heavy and sturdy enough to
> use as an improvised weapon, and could have various parts replaced and
> upgraded.)

Yeah, back when displays had the same resolution as a darkened cave :).

I even had a couple of old laptops that had handles builtin for ease of
weaponization.

>> I don't know why manufacturers produce less, when a used infinity or
>> even nexus 10 can be had occasionally for 350 on refurb
>
> Maybe there'$ a rea$on for lower-resolution displays.  Can't tell what it'd
> be.  But a $300 already-unlocked tablet is edging close to "why not buy one
> just to foof around with?" territory.

Yeah, not quite that inexpensive for me, but that's part of what I was
considering. I could use another tablet and it would be nice to have one
larger than my current daily device, but in the end lack of bluetooth
killed it for me.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "It is appallingly obvious that our technology exceeds our humanity."
#   -- Einstein