ZaTab ZT2 and Vivaldi

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sun Oct 27 21:36:16 MST 2013

Am 22. Oct, 2013 schwätzte Michael Butash so:

moin moin,

> Kind of a crap display, 1280x800 is pretty meager.

Yeah, same as my phone.

I still considered the ZT2, but it doesn't have bluetooth and I want all
my mobile devices to have bluetooth even if I generally leave it off.

> I got a refurb asus prime infinity with a 1920x1200 display on a 10.1, I
> can't look at other tablets with distaste that fall into less resolution.  I
> use it with the keyboard dock, vpn to work, remote desktop, vnc, or ssh to my
> systems, and life is good for work or play.  I was at a conference a few
> weeks ago, connecting to my linux desktop there, working with it pretty well.
>
> I don't know why manufacturers produce less, when a used infinity or even
> nexus 10 can be had occasionally for 350 on refurb - mine was a year ago, and
> has been terrific.  I'd argue it's worth more all day, even used, especially
> with the keyboard dock for a real geek.  I got a good 12 hour day using it,
> imap push, vpn, remote desktop, and everything with the dock, and made it
> functional for email and detailed apps.  I think I charged my phone on it
> once too.
>
> The prime infinity is unlockable, running cyanogen mod on it, I could install
> ubuntu on it, but I've actually grown to like using it simply with android
> for what it was intended for - a desktop extension when needed.  The display
> is what makes it what it is.
>
> There's supposedly a new gen of asus tablets coming out, and 1080p is
> commodity now, so the cost will come down. Just find one that is bootloader

Yeah, I really shouldn't consider anything that doesn't do that since I
actually watch video on my mobile devices.

> unlockable, and rom's will follow.  Even the nexus 7 has 1080p now, it's
> worth the battery life imho if unlockable.

Won't buy anything that isn't unlockable. That's part of my interest in
the ZaTab. ZaReason intentіonally provides root access and explicitly
states that reloading is OK. For computer purchases, they even provide a
screwdriver along with a note encouraging you to crack open the case :).

ciao,

der.hans
#  To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we
#  are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic
#  and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
#  -- Theodore Roosevelt, editorial in the Kansas City Star, 07May1918