video cables: 2 out of 3 ain't bad

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Thu Oct 24 23:58:46 MST 2013

moin moin,

I setup a system and don't have to muck with it much for years at a time,
so I lose track of proper setup. I'm fine with this tradeoff as I'm glad
to concentrate on other things :).

Anyway, ordering a new system and it looks like integrated video means I
choose two of the following three to drive my monitors: VGA/HDMI/DVI.

Am I much better off spending $xx on a video card that can drive both off
the same type of port? If so, what port type should I prefer? I presume
VGA is not the current favorite :).

ciao,

der.hans
#  "The purpose of IT is to seamlessly and transparently provide the other
#  9/10's of the iceberg for people who need to work with chunks
#  of floating ice." -- Strata Rose Chalup