Electronics Tear Down Event for Kids

jill lists at bespokess.com
Fri Oct 18 15:43:14 MST 2013

Gangplank Chandler is hosting a "tear down" day on 10/26 for kids to
come in and pull apart, explore, and dig into old computers and
electronics.  Many of us got our starts in engineering or computers by
taking things apart, but a lot of kids now can't get away with that at
home.  (My parents VCR?  Sure.  A $600 S4?  Not so much.)

We're still taking donations of old PCs, laptops, phones, or anything
broken or mothballed that a kid might want to get into the guts of.
Perfect for all the PLUGers that I know have wives complaining about
their stashes of ancient stuff! ;)  Dropoffs can be made Monday - Friday
9a - 6p, Wednesdays until 11p or later (stay for hacknight!), and
Saturdays from 9a - 4p.

The tear down itself will be Saturday 10/26 from 3:30p - 5p.  Parent or
guardian must be present.  Additional tools and adult volunteers on the
day-of are also welcome.
http://www.meetup.com/GPChandler/events/141686622/

Gangplank is located at 260 S Arizona Ave in downtown Chandler, on the
NW corner of Frye and Arizona.  Free public parking is located in the
covered garage across the street
http://gangplankhq.com/wp-content/uploads/GPParking-1.jpg

- Jill