FILE RECOVERY SOFTWARE?(more info)

mike Enriquez mylinux at cox.net
Thu Oct 10 20:27:28 MST 2013

Wow  James,
You have a lot of good questions.
The hard drive is the original on a Windows xp home computer.  It is an
emachine so it is not a high end computer.
It is the main drive for the computer. I pulled it out and have
connected it to one of my win 7 64bit computers via a usb connection.
It came prepartition off the shelf.

I plan to reuse the hard drive if I can recreate the "C" partition. I am
in the middle of getting all images, text files and music off the drive
before I attempt to recreate the RAW drive.
I read one fix which said to give the RAW drive a letter then run
"chkdsk "X"/f  and that might fix the partitions.  I want to get all the
files off the drive first.
I have tried several File recovery programs but the problem is that each
program only recovers a selection of files.  What is happening is that
program A gets me the first 400 files and program B gets me the
next 300 files. I cannot find a program that will recover all the JPG
files at one time.
So I am stuck on what to do next, because I do not want to purchase
several File Recovery Programs.
Thanks for you info.
Mike