Network Sniffers

AZ Pete plug at cactusfamily.com
Fri Nov 22 07:44:19 MST 2013

All,
thanks forvarious replies. I will definitely check out wireshark. However, it was pointed out that wireshark can only sniff on the host it is installed on.
That will be ok forsome of my needs. However, I want to be able to view what some of the "applicances" on my home network are sending outbound. These would be things such as my kids Xbox, the smart TV and a few other such devices where I would be unable to load an application such as wireshark onto.
I was poking around my router's interface, but it doesn't really have what I'm looking for.

Is there a way to sniff the data from all hosts on my network ?

Peter