Burning CentOs 6.4 ISO

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 12 19:26:48 MST 2013

Hi,

I am having some difficulty booting from a CentOS 6.4 DVD.

I went here : http://yum.phx.singlehop.com/centos/6.4/isos/i386/

And I selected CentOS-6.4-i386-bin-DVD1.iso and it was copied to my hard drive.

I then used windows to create the disk.  I have done this several times.  The image appears to have been created however the disk is not bootable.  I can see the files on the disk.  I've tried using it to boot my laptop and my desktop.

I know I have done this in the past and was able to boot from prior versions using a DVD image.

The root directory of the DVD contains:

/images/
/isolinux/
/Packages/
/repodata/
.discinfo
.treeinfo
CentOS_BuildTag
EULA
GPL
RELEASE-NOTES-en-US.HTML
RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-6
RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-Debug-6
RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-Security-6
RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-Testing-6
TRANS.TBL

Does not look bootable to me.  I've looked for some notes and have not found any on the CentOS website.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Keith