map keys

Derek Trotter expat.arizonan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 22:13:48 MST 2013

I'm trying to figure out how to map the windows keys so they do
something useful.  I've tried Xmodmap and the keys, in some programs
such as Dolphin, Kate,Konsole and Kwrite will cause the desired
character to appear, but in others such as Firefox and Thunderbird I can
press the same keys and nothing appears.

Is there another way to make those windows keys do something?

Thanks

--
"I get my copy of the daily paper, look at the obituaries page, and if I’m not there, I carry on as usual."

Patrick Moore