bye bye M$ and Apple.

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Fri May 31 11:35:27 MST 2013

On Fri, 2013-05-31 at 11:08 -0700, joe at actionline.com wrote:

> Android is also on a path to take over desktops and laptops. A new Galaxy
> Smart Dock allows your Android phone to become a desktop computer by
> connecting an HD monitor, external storage, USB keyboard and mouse for
> just $99. Now an Android phone can also be your entire desktop computer.
> Hardware will only get better and cheaper and the Android OS is free.

I think that phones are powerful enough to do what most people need.
And I say that as I'm checking e-mail because I'm waiting for packages
to build on my phone.  I'm not sure that Android will be the winner
there, it's a big transition to go to desktop use-cases, just like it's
hard to go the other way as well.  The trend to convergence is clear
though.

Here's a nice video on it that you can send to non-technical friends:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iv1Z7bf4jXY

Ted