How to promote Plug's value - was: Are Social Networks ...

jill lists at bespokess.com
Thu May 9 23:00:22 MST 2013

n 2013-05-09 08:35, Lisa Kachold wrote:
> Hans,
>
> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 10:14 AM, der.hans <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:
>
> > Am 07. May, 2013 schwätzte keith smith so:
> >
> > moin moin,
> >

> >  I'd like to thank all those who make PLUG possible.  I know you have put
> >> in a lot of effort to keep PLUG alive over the years.  I think I have been
> >> on the list for maybe 14 years.  1999???  I've enjoyed all the help and
> >> guidance I have received from the list members.
> >>
> >> Thank you all!!
> >>

> > Having a community that is useful and valuable is the main thing I get out
> > of PLUG. It's good to get confirmation that it is useful and valuable to
> > others.
> >
> > Thank you for the thank you :).
> >

> I have had a difficult experience trying to speak with one of the main PLUG
> resources for about the last 3 years.
>
> Over the years now, when I approach him at any of the public venues. he
> holds up his left ring finger in full view of other members, at me from
> across the room, as a way to say "He's Married".  This has consistently
> happened in front of other women in PLUG like Jill and Kaia (even at SCALE

Having been called out by name, all I can really say is I have no idea what you're talking about, Lisa.  While I don't discount what you may have experienced, I've never witnessed anything like what you described.  As such I can not support your story.  If there is an individual who you feel is singling you out as a female though, I'd be happy to help mediate the issue, off-list.

I have no problems with anyone in PLUG.  Hopefully all who know me know that I like all y'all, and think you're a great bunch.  And be sure I'll let you know with loud and clear snark and sarcasm if that ever changes!  :)

- Jill