Arizona Internet Speed Test

Nathan England nathan at nmecs.com
Thu May 9 18:36:50 MST 2013

I have to agree. It seems the providers have really managed to "fix" their systems so
the burst data rate is awesome. The first 5 megs or so scream!!!
Then it crawls after that.

In Payson I am using SuddenLink (cable) and I love it. I had 7MB CenturyLink (Qwest,
DSL) and it was awful. My Pastor had Centurylink at the church and I could never
convince him to switch. I would show him my speedtest.net ratings of ~ 17 MB
down on a 15 MB connection. He had a 7MB connection and speedtest.net would
always say his connection was ~ 5 - 6 MB down... But Netflix would stutter. He is a
huge MLB fan and watches all the games online, but they look horrible and buffer
constantly.

I finally got him to switch to cable and he just laughs. He cannot believe how much
faster it is, and it's 1/3 the price!