How to promote Plug's value - was: Are Social Networks ...

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue May 7 01:11:47 MST 2013

Am 04. May, 2013 schwätzte Jack Hildwine so:

moin moin,

> Perhaps would-be members are being enticed away by the Beer.js Meetup
> group?
>
> http://www.meetup.com/beerjs-PHX/

We've had that much longer than they have been around.

http://www.lufthans.com/Free_Software_Stammtisch#East_Valley

The advantage of ours is you don't have to talk about JavaScript ;-).

> But seriously, maybe Meetup is a viable medium to announce PLUG
> meetings? I'm a member of the local Cubase group and with that I seem to

Cubase is music studio software?

> get a weekly e-mail from Meetup that includes numerous local groups for
> Node, MongoDB, WordPress, azPHP, etc..

Meetup certainly has a lot of visibility and shows up in search engine
results. The problem is the tamagutchi requirements where if you don't
post something every couple of days it wants to lock your account and
claim that you're dead.

It was really, really annoying to me, so I stopped using it. This was for
a German group and lots of people found us via meetup, so I know it was
working. I just didn't have time to keep hitting the feedme button.

If someone else wants to, though, that would be awesome. If you actually
participate in meetup, then it's probably much easier. The same with the
other social media groups.

We should also be able to automate publishing meeting events and some
other updates to most social media sites.

ciao,

der.hans
#  HERE LIES LESTER MOORE
#  SHOT 4 TIMES WITH A .44