Are Social Networking Sites Reducing Activity on This List?

Derek Trotter expat.arizonan at gmail.com
Wed May 1 21:53:26 MST 2013

On 05/01/2013 06:29 PM, Brian Cluff wrote:

SNIP
> Then maybe do a talk on, how to make an answering machine that is way
> overkill for my house.
>
> Then maybe go into setting up a simple, no frills, SOHO phone system.

I heard once about some linux program that would make use of a voice
modem.  As I recall you could set it up to watch the caller ID data and
give out different incoming messages based on the number of the caller.
Get something like this and set it up with one of those press
(1,2,3,etc) for each person that lives there.  For fun include the pets.

--
"I get my copy of the daily paper, look at the obituaries page, and if I’m not there, I carry on as usual."

Patrick Moore