Lost access to server

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 27 18:46:21 MST 2013

Hi,

I have a LAMP server setup in my home office that serves two of my websites.  It was working great until several hours ago.

I was moving some files around and lost the use of the mv command.  I closed the shell and just came back.  I notice my email is not working and I cannot open a shell session.   Not sure what I may have done.  I cannot log in using the keyboard and monitor attached to the machine.  Nothing happens when I enter my user name.

I am about to reboot.  What do I have to lose?

HTTP is still working.

Any suggestions how I can get in and determine what I may have done?

I now get a prompt grub>

Yikes!!

Thanks!

Keith