OT: How to get Firefox to open 'href' to kwrite?

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Fri Mar 22 13:32:30 MST 2013

From: joe at actionline.com

> When I open this menu with konqueror,
> the corresponding text file opens with kwrite (text editor)
>
> What do I need to do to get the same procedure to work with Firefox?

This is really not a great idea.  Browsers are not file managers, and you
shouldn't try to use them as file managers, because they're not designed to
manage files.  Use dolphin, that's what it's for.

However, you can probably get Firefox to open text files in kwrite by going to
Edit->Preferences, selecting the Applications tab, and searching for "plain".
You'll see one row, "plain text document", and an action.  Pick "use other"
for the action, then select /usr/bin/kwrite for the action.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows