OT: How to get Firefox to open 'href' to kwrite?

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Fri Mar 22 13:14:36 MST 2013

I have set up an html menu with several text files
as in the three line examples below so that when I click
on filename1, 2, 3, etc. the corresponding text file opens.

When I open this menu with konqueror, and click on any
of the subject files, after making the change shown below,
the corresponding text file opens with kwrite (text editor)
so that I can both read and edit and re-save the selected file:

konqueror > right-click on menu/filename > Open with > Other >
> double-click Utilities > Kwrite >
> [x] Remember application association for this type of file > [OK]

What do I need to do to get the same procedure to work with Firefox?