/usr/local/bin/search ??

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Thu Jun 27 17:35:20 MST 2013

It's part of the system packages, and probably used by a few different things.

I would just leave it.  It's generally best not to randomly remove binaries installed by the package management system.

If you're running mint, you could try "apt-get --dry-run purge mintsystem", to *test* removing that package, but I would expect that doing so would cause a ton of other packages to be removed with it.