OT: How to embed or call a shell script in an html file?

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Tue Jun 25 13:35:28 MST 2013

Matt last wrote:
> So it's a shared host, possibly with a config that's disabled
> some things or enabled other things. If "safe mode" is enabled,
> you can't use ``. I asked for the output of phpinfo() earlier;
> that'd be a great place to start.

Sorry, I can't find that request in my notes, and I don't
know how to do that or how to get that phpinfo().

> That error usually means a bad SSI directive, nothing to do with PHP.
> Did you look at the error logs?  Are any error logs available?

I have not been able to find any error logs, but I will send
a note to support at bluehost.com to ask where to find that.

> So it's something with that code.  Does "php -l thatfile.php" return any
> errors?  That very useful command runs a syntax check on PHP code.

Here is the result of: # php -l search.php
" No syntax errors detected in search.php "

Per your suggestion, I am preparing a detailed description of
exactly what I want to accomplish and I will post a link to that
as soon as I finish it.

Thanks again for all your helpful explanations and suggestions.