Times to move to Linux

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Tue Jun 25 10:09:22 MST 2013

From: Lisa Kachold
> It's trivial to send you a PDF or Javascript Browser Exploitation BEef
> hook and walk through your systems

How do NoScript and using evince/kpdf instead of Acrobrat Reader affect those
trivial exploits?

> agents that can be delivered via email (Kaseya or LivePerson) and J2EE
> exploits that can be launched easily = opening you wide.

Of course, if you're using a mail client that executes things found in
attachments, you'll get pwn3d quickly.  Are there any mail clients that do
those things in this day and age?  I thought they'd even partially fixed
Outhouse in that respect.  J2EE?  Who has all the components of J2EE installed
(besides Java developers)?  In the last 5 years, I've seen exactly 2 Java
applets in the wild.  Client-side Java is *uncommon* in the modern WWW AFAICT;
the things people used to use Java for have been taken over by Flash/JS.

> Surveillance technology continues from all your expenditures, all your
> travel (license plate readers), and your phone behaviors, and can include
> remote viewing (without camera technology you would recognize).

I can see how it'd be easy to track credit card transactions (bank records)
and car movements (via traffic cameras).  Could you explain "remote viewing
without camera technology" more clearly?

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows