Looking for Linux Equivalent Program

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Wed Jun 19 09:38:02 MST 2013

Hey Larry,

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 9:00 AM, Dazed_75 <lthielster at gmail.com> wrote:

> I ran across this article:
>

> http://www.howtogeek.com/165614/how-to-create-a-wi-fi-heatmap-for-network-analysis-better-coverage-and-geek-cred-galore/
>
> which shows doing a very nifty wifi map of your space.  Unfortunately it
> uses a windows only program from Ekahau called HeatMap.  I did a little web
> searching for a Linux equivalent program but have not found anything that
> included the mapping function.  Does anyone know of one?

I am not sure how good that program is  - I don't know but I imagine it's
not going to run successfully in Wine, but have you tried?

There are a LOT of Wifi Mapping tools in Linux:

https://github.com/cyberpython/WifiScanAndMap

And others like this browser app:
http://meraki.cisco.com/products/wireless/wifi-mapper  (ran for me in
Chrome on Fedora 18)

> --
> Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry
>
> Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
> multiple recipients, use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy). Remove addresses
> from a forwarded message body before clicking Send.

(503) 754-4452 Android
(623) 239-3392 Skype
(623) 688-3392 Google Voice
**