KDE <alt>-<F2> PATH

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sat Jun 15 23:55:32 MST 2013

Am 12. Jun, 2013 schwätzte Nathan England so:

moin moin Nathan,

> On Wednesday, June 12, 2013 01:05:49 PM der.hans wrote:
>> moin moin,
>>
>> I've tried a couple of things and am probably just missing something
>> obvious, but ...
>>
>> How do I adjust the search path used by the command pop up? It's missing
>> an important directory for me.
>>
>> Same question for GNOME and Unity actually :).
>>
>> ciao,
>>
>> der.hans
>

> Not sure what you are trying to do specifically, I will guess you have a
> folder in your home dir called /home/hans/bin and you want to execute
> something in there that is not in your standard PATH ?

Something along those lines.

> I think you can edit the .profile and adjust your path to KDE

Hadn't tried just .profile. Hmm, that should have gotten my changes in
other rc files on my system.

> If you hit <alt><F2> you should see an envelope for options, make sure Files
> and Locations are checked then it should search everywhere.

I have a wrench rather than an envelope and everything is turned on. Need
to review that :).

> It could also be that you have akonadi turned off or not searching your files
> and folders? Typically with SSD's you woud turn akonadi off, but sadly that
> disables a lot of functionality in KDE.
>
> ** it appears via a kde bug report that the path should work from .bashrc and
> .zsh, maybe you need to adjust your path in the /etc/profile instead of in
> your home dir?

Only want the changes in my personal account.

I now have that via ~/.kde/env/*.sh.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "Communications without intelligence is noise;
#  Intelligence without communications is irrelevant."
#  Gen. Alfred. M. Gray, USMC