KDE <alt>-<F2> PATH

Patrick Callahan patrick.pxc.c at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 15:28:38 MST 2013

If you want it to find random files scattered on your hard drive, have it
use Nepomuk and then configure Nepomuk's search path.

If you want it to find executable binaries (no metadata), maybe the PATH
variable will help you, but... you can also put shortcuts (.desktop files)
in any of the usual XDG paths for shortcuts /usr/local/share,
~/.local/share, etc. Then KRunner will recognize them and display their
descriptions and icons, too.

Sometimes KRunner doesn't recognize shortcuts that have just been updated
because KDE's index of them is out of date. You can update it with
'kbuildsycoca4' at the command line.