foxnews.com hacked?

Derek Trotter expat.arizonan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 00:31:09 MST 2013

Today I tried opening a link at foxnews.com.

http://wwwfoxnews.com/tech/slideshow/2013/06/08/mind-meld-top-brain-controlled-techs/

The link I saw at http://www.foxnews.com/ has a picture of some guy with
a hat on and the words "brain-controlled tech" below it.  I clicked the
link and was taken to another site asking me to take a survey.  I closed
the browser and tried again.  This time it also took me to another site,
but told me I needed to update my flash player immediately.  Of course I
didn't.  I'm interested in finding out whether or not there's something
going wrong with my computer or if foxnews.com got hacked.  Could at
least one of you try the link and see if you get the same thing?  I'm
interested in whether my computer has a malware infection, foxnews got
hacked or if somebody there is up to no good.  Also I tried my vpn
account to get IP addresses is this country and elsewhere.  I always get
the same dodgy site.  I checked my /etc/hosts file and nothing is there
that I didn't put there.  Also clamav didn't find anything.

With another thread in mind, I'm wondering if the NSA is messing with
Fox News.

--
"I get my copy of the daily paper, look at the obituaries page, and if I’m not there, I carry on as usual."

Patrick Moore