OT: NSA story keeps getting bigger...

Nathan England nathan at nmecs.com
Thu Jun 6 21:08:46 MST 2013

On 6/6/2013 8:06 PM, Patrick Callahan wrote:
> I was in the 3rd grade when the Twin Towers fell. We've been at war
> for what feels like my entire life. We've been chasing after
> 'terrorism' as long as I can remember. I've never gotten onto an
> airplane without having to deal with the TSA. I was born into the
> age of the PATRIOT Act. There used to be a time when they couldn't
> just take you to Gitmo? What is America like? I sometimes feel like
> I've never been.
>
> I know the freedom and justice have always been matters of
> struggle, and here in the US not much of either were afforded to
> many minorities for a long time. In some important ways, especially
> in terms of equality, things are better than they've ever been.
> Still, this kind of news makes me feel so powerless and
> indifferent, and it's all I've been hearing my whole life. I'm so
> sick of it. I loathe the 'post-9/11 world' that has been my
> environment since childhood.

You know, as a street preacher and believer of the bible, I pray for
situations and responses as yours. What an incredible open door! What
is really interesting is I believe there is a generation of kids and
young adults who are entering society right this moment who have never
heard of Jesus Christ, some may call that progress, naturally I do not.

While I may have turned off a lot of people in that one paragraph, my
intention is not to begin preaching about Christ, but rather to point
out that a book that was written thousands of years ago suggested a
time such as this would come. Scoffers will scoff and have a myriad of
reasons why anyone could have made such a prediction, but as I believe
the bible, I believe it teaches many people will feel exactly as you
just suggested right now. I believe the bible teaches that in the end
times, which I believe we are, people will be confused, not knowing
which way to turn, people will be crying out for answers, people will
be almost desperate to find something comforting because of the choas
around them. I believe this chaotic, confused, claustrophobic
environment is exactly what the devil wants to create so when the
person the bible refers to as the antichrist shows up and says peace
peace, people will be begging for more.

Whether you agree with anything I've said, believe it or not, we live
in interesting times. Many would say we are progressing, yet progress
implies things are changing for the better. They do not say we are
"digressing". Progress implies change for good. Yet look around,
things are not getting better. The only possible outcomes for what we
see happening right now are: 1) revolution, which will lead to war. 2)
Loss of all liberties as a police state is created. 3) Anarchy, which
I believe would be different than revolution, which would likely lead
to multiple factions creating multiple police states.

All of which lead to a time of no peace. A time of extreme bondage. A
time that some would refer to, even now, as "wars and rumors of wars".

I hope I have not offended anyone, but I appreciate the open door you
left me Patrick! Thank you!

Nathan