Switched off Ubuntu

Paul Mooring paul at opscode.com
Wed Jul 31 11:25:06 MST 2013

Not really meaning to imply that about Ubuntu in particular, like I said they are super good at making desktop linux friendly to tech folks.  I more meant that directed towards people who treat it as a foregone conclusion that getting more desktop marketshare should be the goal of Linux in general.  As far as Canonical is concerned, I'm sure the server guys work really hard to provide a top notch product, but as a user of Ubuntu server at my day job I find it hard to believe that they don't make sacrifices on the server front to make core-Ubuntu desktop friendly (is there any sys-admin anywhere that thinks upstart and the "self-configuring" packages that auto-start services are good ideas?)

Paul Mooring
Operations Engineer
www.opscode.com