How to stretch a GIMP image and rebuild as a PDF file.

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 09:44:18 MST 2013

I have a PDF file that I needed to separate the pages of. So i loaded it
into gscan2pdf and deleted the pages I didn't need. Unfortunately one of
the pages was a legal sized paper and apparently gscan2pdf doesn't like
legal paper so it scrunched it down to standard paper size. That would be
fine except it scrunched all the other pages by the same aspect thus
leading to scewed pages. That's fine, I'll open the pages with GIMP and
stretch the pages back to normal size..... how to do that? The solution is
to scale the image then to export the image as a pdf. Unfortunately, When
you save the image it only saves one page. The solution? Open gscan2pdf,
open each individual image, and then save it again making sure that in the
save dialog "All" is selected in "PageRange". Aren't you proud of me? I
figured it out. I'm sending this in case anyone else has the same problem.
My "Question" turned into a "How-To".