Fwd: undelete bookmark folder

Carruth, Rusty Rusty.Carruth at smartstoragesys.com
Tue Jul 9 16:17:26 MST 2013

I have not been watching this thread, and I've already moved them off,
but I'll stick my foot in my mouth and share some comments that may or
may not have anything to do with your issue, but which may be useful to
others anyway....

First, if you are not using 'tar' or 'cpio' or other program which
correctly handles 'character (and block) special files' you will sooner
or later find yourself copying much more than you should (think pipes
and other character or block special files - or, indeed, soft or hard
links!).

Also, I agree about making sure you either run it as root or make sure
the target dir is owned by you (maybe even in your group).  However, if
you are copying TO a network NTFS partition, you may have the same
'interesting' issues with dates and permissions and such.  But Matt
probably hit the nail on the head with 'who owns the mounted device'...