Fwd: undelete bookmark folder

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Tue Jul 9 15:23:26 MST 2013

From: Michael Havens
[ trouble with a backup script that mounts a device with label MY_BACKUPS on
/mnt/backup and then rsyncs /home/mike to /mnt/backup/mike/ ]
> I figure I should [invoke] the [backup] script with sudo. I think that
> will make it work but do not think that was the intent.

One of the things that I said to do several messages ago but probably got
forgotten was to take the destination directory (/mnt/backup/bmike ?) and
chown it to your user.  The error messages you were reporting (changing mtime
not permitted, no files in the destination dir) make me think the destination
directory has the wrong ownership.  If you made the dir as root, it'd be made
as root:root and permissions 755 by default, which would not work at all when
you ran the script as a regular user for obvious reasons.

> Also, how do I access the drive since it will not give me a nice
> little window with the contents thereof when I stick the t-drive
> in the computer?

If you need to restore from the backup disk, just mount it.  The command for
doing that is in the script ("mount /mnt/backup").

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows