Yarnell fire and new computer

Carl Parrish cparrish at carlparrish.com
Sun Jul 7 15:58:39 MST 2013

I have a few (non technical) friends who have chrome books and *love* them. I've been thinking of getting a Pixel to replace my MacBookPro in about a year (hopefully the 2nd Gen Pixels will be out by then). But I have noticed a few things that you'll want to be sure of before you go with a chromebook. First of all make sure your printer is cloud ready or at least wirelessly accessible. if so your chrome book will work with it like magic otherwise it can be a lot of work to get them to work together. While you can work offline on a chromebook, my understanding is that you have to download several apps to make them work that way so you'll want high speed internet access at least for configuring. Finally there isn't a lot of storage space on the chrome books themselves as they expect to be able to access the cloud. I have two 2 terabyte hard drives that are intranet aware so I doubt this would be an issue for me. But something to keep in mind.