How to run php programs on local computer?

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Wed Jul 3 16:28:49 MST 2013

Synaptic is just a graphical font end to APT.  I've found in the past
that the graphical front ends can get you into places that make your
system look broken, but if you use APT the solution becomes obvious or
at least points you in the right direction.

It's OK if it removes apache2-mpm-worker as it just a different way of
handling the apache processes.  As long as you now have
apache2-mpm-prefork on your system, you should be OK.  Having the
prefork version will make setup for you a lot easier.

Brian Cluff