How to eliminate nepomuk, akonadi, and all tagging?

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Thu Jan 24 17:04:12 MST 2013

How can I completely eliminate nepomuk, akonadi,
and all tagging and indexing, etc.?

Brian wrote:
> As for all the errors... you caused those :) Thats the program
> complaining that you turned off nepomuk and tore out it's image
> tagging/cataloging interface.

I like *many* aspects of KDE that do not seem to be available on any other
environment; however, it seems to force on users many things that are
intrusive and unwanted nuisances such as the annoying cashew, widgets and
a continually scrambled panel, and *especially* nepomuk, akonadi, and all
tagging and indexing.

I have been able to turn off many of the annoying special effects (that
should be options instead of default settings); but I have not yet found a
way to get rid of the errors caused by nepomuk, akonadi, and everything
related to them.

I do not want image tagging, indexing, cataloging. How can I completely
eliminate all of that (to me) nuisance garbage?

Surely there must be some simple way to do that.