Upgrade to Debian testing hosed my system

Mike Ballon mike.ballon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 06:52:36 MST 2013

If there is no signal to the monitor with the box "up" I would reboot it.

>From there you'll need to figure out if the boot loader is intact or not.
If it is you can boot into single user mode and try to figure out what's
going on with the box. If you do not get the boot loader now we're talking
about a repair to either the loader or the system as a whole using a disc
or memory stick.

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/grub-boot-into-single-user-mode/