Has anyone here tried a Chromebook?

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Tue Jan 15 15:40:04 MST 2013

I've had nothing but good results with AMD over the years.
I have a Llano in one of my desktops right now (A8-3850), it's not hyper fast, but it's low power, cool (fan *never* comes on), quiet, and fast enough.  The built-in graphics toast anything Intel has built-in (but a decent add-in ATI or NVidia card is even faster), and with 16G RAM it never seems to bog down on any reasonable workload.

I've been looking at the latest Fusion chips, and the A10 and better look pretty darn good for a small desktop.
For a server the Bulldozer series chips are very nice, not as fast as the best Xeon's, but a heck of a lot cheaper and less power usage.

If you need top performance, and price isn't an issue, then Intel wins.
If you need good performance, and price matters, then AMD wins.

If you want a laptop that runs like a high-end server, then nobody wins :-P

==Joseph++