Does anybody use Akonadi, Nepomuk, Strigi ... etc.

Derek Trotter expat.arizonan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 17:26:42 MST 2013

Here's what I did.  First I pressed ctrl+esc.  This brought up the
system activity window.  There I right clicked on the offending process
and selected detailed memory information.  That gave me the process
number and the name of the program.  Then I entered ps -fu username |
grep program. (Be sure to replace username with your username and
program with the name of the program.)   This gave me the path to the
offending program.  Then I killed the process and renamed the program.
To kill the process try kill -9 process number, example kill -9 1234

On 01/11/2013 04:53 PM, joe at actionline.com wrote:
> How did you locate whichever applicable files can be deleted?
>
> Unless there is some compelling reason not to do so, I think I would like
> to uninstall everything related to akonadi, nepomuk, strigi, and any and
> all other "indexing" related stuff, and delete and all related files
> completely from my systems.
>
> The synaptic package manager on one of my systems and the muon package
> manager on my other systems seem to offer the option to "uninstall" this
> stuff, so, again, would there be any possible harm in doing that?
>
> Also, is there some way that I could use BleachBit to clean up (delete)
> all corresponding files pertaining to these indexing items?
>
> What ever happened to simple, uncluttered, clean, and efficient (like KDE
> 3.5 used to be)?
>
> ;)
>
> -----------
> Brian Cluff last wrote:
>> I was mostly talking about Strigi in my answer, I've also seen
>> akonadi behave badly like this. I had to play around with the
>> system for a while but I finally found that it was gagging on
>> an old configuration that I wasn't even using. I simply deleted
>> the akonadi resources that I wasn't using ...
>> Akonadi has gone though a major rewrite ... what version of KDE
>> did you experience this behavior?

"I get my copy of the daily paper, look at the obituaries page, and if I'm not there, I carry on as usual."

Patrick Moore