Why is kwalletmanager sucking up 100% of cpu?

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Thu Jan 10 16:07:54 MST 2013

Why is kwalletmanager sucking up 100% of cpu?

http://www.upquick.com/temp/kwalletmgr.jpg

The whole kwallet thing seems like a nuisance to me and I thought I had
disabled it.  But today, my system slowed down to almost a halt and 'top'
revealed that kwallet was apparently the cause.  How could it still be
causing such problems when it has been disabled?

I was able to find and kill the process (again) with 'ps -ef' but I do not
understand why kubuntu/kde implements so many nuisance things like this as
default functions instead of simply offering them as options.