OT: router recommendation

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Wed Jan 9 19:33:35 MST 2013

I don't know if they've gotten better, but powerline ethernet adapters I
have/had, netgear units were terrible between rooms.  Almost constant
packetloss after a while, which made video streaming off my nas terrible.

Do you monitor yours at all?  I didn't notice with lower bitrate divx,
but with hd materials it got noticed fast.  I'd thought it was the
system for a while until i realized the connection sucked.  I had to
toss a cable down the hall, but streams 1080p just dandy now.

-mb