My battle with Earthlink

Derek Trotter expat.arizonan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 12:21:51 MST 2013

On 02/24/2013 11:00 AM, Mike Bydalek wrote:
> Derek,
>
> I'd be curious what the results of the following tests are:
>
> http://broadband.mpi-sws.org/transparency/bttest-mlab.php
This one said on http and ssh tests there was no indication my
connection is subject to traffic shaping or throttling.  Below that it
said passing the test does not mean there isn't any traffic shaping.

The other two I couldn't get to work.  The two below I couldn't use.
Both said they needed something called web100 to work.  I couldn't find
a version for a 3.2.0-38 kernel

I'm wondering if there's something else going on.  The pauses, timeouts,
or whatever they are last for varying amounts of time. The pause may be
3 seconds or it may be 30.