Samba on CentOS

Amit Nepal amit at amitnepal.com
Tue Feb 19 11:54:45 MST 2013

Run this command to see if selinux is running : getenforce

If you see permissive , then you should be fine, if you see the output
to be enforcing , then set it to permissive, without having to restart :

setenforce permissive

If this solves the problem, then yes it was selinux, however the above
settings is temporary and for next reboot you will have to edit :

/etc/sysconfig/selinux and set the selinux to permissive from enforcing.

This way you don't have to reboot machine to have selinux change applied.

Thanks

*Amit K Nepal
Infrastructure Engineer (RHCE)
omNovia Technologies Inc. <http://www.omnovia.com>