Question on Cable versus DSL

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Fri Feb 8 09:31:02 MST 2013

Oh by the way, if you have a docsis 3 modem on cox, you should start
seeing a doubling of your bandwith.  They're upgrading to the new
infrastructure, and peoria just got upgraded last week.  My 25mb/$60mo
plan is now 50mb and I see if pretty consistently on download with
supernews usenet (which peers with cox).

Too bad their LA peering is saturated currently though for everything
else...

-mb