Question on Cable versus DSL

JD Austin jd at twingeckos.com
Thu Feb 7 16:41:08 MST 2013

I live in AJ and did not have a stellar experience with Qwest DSL for one
simple reason:
they aren't willing to replace old copper.  My speeds were always nowhere
close to what I was paying for (1.5M at the time but I got less than 128k)
because the phone line it ran over was 30 years old.
I'd call and complain, they'd send out a tech who would switch me to a good
twisted pair for awhile, and 2 months or so later I'd be calling them
again... likely because they gave it to someone else who was complaining.
If you live in a new build area you might have a better experience.
I've tried everything there is to offer out there at one point or
another... ISDN, DSL, wireless from bluewire and Wydebeam (which was BETTER
than DSL), and finally Mediacom.
What REALLY irks me is that there is a loop of dark fiber that runs down
Superstition across to Broadway and back to Phoenix but no way to hook into
it.

JD