Educational Opportunities

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Feb 6 10:37:27 MST 2013

Am 06. Feb, 2013 schwätzte John J. Macey so:

moin moin John,

> I've just started at ASU this semester after a very, very long absence from
> the educational system. My interest is in computing, and I have been using
> Linux as my OS for over a decade. Everything I know is self taught with no
> formal training. I have noticed that Mesa Community college has several
> interesting courses that I would like to attend this summer. Does anybody
> have a contact point (person) or link that I can to before I actually go down
> to the school?

Several of us on the list are instructors at MCC :).

You can normally catch me at the PLUG east side meeting ( 2nd Thursday of
the month ) at MCC or at the Free Software Stammtisch ( 3rd Tuesday of the
month ) around the corner from MCC.

> Also, Gateway Community is very easy to get to for me with the Light Rail
> system. Do they offer the same amount / quality of courses as Mesa Community?
> Or, is Mesa Community the central hub for Linux here in the East Valley?

As I understand it, MCC and Estrella Mountain Community College in
Avondale are the only two to offer the full degree program. Other colleges
( at least SCC, PVCC and CGCC ) offer some of the classes, but don't have
the full program.

ciao,

der.hans
#  <arclight> Delicious red tape, like a Twizzler but flat. And adhesive.