hard drive going out?

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 31 09:42:29 MST 2013

Could be a video driver and / or your video card.

------------------------
Keith Smith

On Tuesday, December 31, 2013 9:26 AM, George Toft <george at georgetoft.com> wrote:

Hard drive failures usually have sound associated with them - a new brrr brrr brrr coming from the drive, and errors in /var/log/messages.  man smartctl is your friend.  You'll run something like smartctl -i /dev/sda

Regards, George Toft
On 12/30/2013 3:39 PM, Michael Havens wrote:

oh hey..... I forgot to mention that the sound continues as if all was well. it doesn't even miss a beat.

>On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Michael Havens <bmike1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>I hsve my computer on and suddenly X crashes and on the screen there is:

     *Pulse Audio

and a bunch of other text scattered about the screen. Now this happened before and I think it had to do with the hard drive being bad. Does that sound right?