ff buttons, menus, etc. don't work

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 08:36:51 MST 2013

I just had a problem with Firefox 26 (which was upgraded in the last few
days) on Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit.  Not the same as yours though and you did not
say what version of FF.

In my case I went to start firefox which I had run last night AND exited
normally but Ubuntu said it was already running and I would need to exit
that first before running another (weird huh?).  There did not appear to be
one on any workspace and the Unity launcher was not indicating one.
Normally, even if there was one, there would be a pip showing on the
launcher and clicking on it would just take me to the open application.

However, ps showed a firefox process running so I killed it and the Firefox
could be opened and seems to run normally.  Makes me wonder is there is
some memory leak causing these problems.  Not like they don't have some
history of leaks.

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 1:29 AM, der.hans <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:

> moin moin,
>
> menu items are no longer working for me with Firefox. This includes in
> page items as well as file, dit, view, etc. and also add-ons with buttons
> at the bottom and top. Everything. Browsing still works as long as I don't
> need a menu.
>
> Trying html drop downs results in the following error:
>
> (iceweasel:9467): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_window_peek_children: assertion
> `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed
>
> iceweasel on debian stable with KDE.
>
> Tried safe-mode and still didn't work.
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans
> --
> #  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.LuftHans.com/Classes/
> #  Im Zweifelsfall wähle das am interessantesten. -- der.hans

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy). Remove addresses
from a forwarded message body before clicking Send.