How to stop inotify ...

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Fri Dec 13 18:23:59 MST 2013

Just started getting the error message quoted below
every time I open kwrite from the command line.

Went to kwrite settings to confirm that I do *not* have kwrite set to
save a backup copy of files that I edit ... so why is the system giving
this error message every time?  And how can I stop it?

Below is the error message I now see every time:

QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths:
inotify_add_watch failed: No such file or directory
QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths:
/home/joe/.config/ibus/bus
mv: cannot stat `temp~': No such file or directory