printing problem on samsung laser printer

David Lopez lopezdavid123 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 19:53:00 MST 2013

thanks larry.

for a while i thought the discussion email address i was using was bogus.

why? because gmail does not post mail to the std "inbox" from plug mail.
when i send the
email, it puts a copy on the "send" box. i can see that email was sent, but
it never showed
up in "inbox" coming from the plug.

maybe it is a function of the list mail software to broadcast to list but
not
to sender (in initial post).

if i manage to fix my printer problem, i will post the solution and all is
gory details.

david

ps i went to the plug web site and found all the posts. sorry gals-guys for
not thinking
of this earlier.

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Dazed_75 <lthielster at gmail.com> wrote:

> No error on your part.  I read each one and just don't have anything to
> contribute which probably goes for some other readers as well.  I only
> reply here so you know you are not posting to a black hole.  Sorry
>

> On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 12:28 PM, David Lopez <lopezdavid123 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> 0) os is ubuntu 12:10, 8 gig ram
>>
>> 1) driver is the one recommended by ubuntu - samsung unified printer
>> driver
>>
>> 2) printer is samsung black only laser printer circa 2012 - model ml2545
>>
>> 3) i usually can print on first try from web - mostly text
>>
>> 4) however, multiple attempts may or may not work. all looks good, the
>>    driver takes in multiple pages, thinks, the printer icon shows up,
>>    then goes away. there seems to be nothing in the debug from the printer
>>    icon under settings.
>>
>> 5) if i fiddle with the process a couple of times, it may finally print.
>>
>> 6) how do i debug this problem since i don't know if the problem is with
>>    the browser (firefox), the driver, the printer.
>>
>> 7) i was trying to print a recipe with pictures from the web, no go.
>>    so converted to a file using firefox print to file option. the
>>    resulting pdf does not print.
>>
>> 8) usually printing code gives me no issues.
>>
>> 9) all software is up to date
>>
>> 10) it has been acting this way for months, don't print much
>>
>> your help is greatly appreciated
>>
>> david
>>
>> --
>> David López
>> Software Engineer

> Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry
>
> Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
> multiple recipients, use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy). Remove addresses
> from a forwarded message body before clicking Send.

David López
Software Engineer