printing problem on samsung laser printer

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 16:01:29 MST 2013

No error on your part.  I read each one and just don't have anything to
contribute which probably goes for some other readers as well.  I only
reply here so you know you are not posting to a black hole.  Sorry

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 12:28 PM, David Lopez <lopezdavid123 at gmail.com>wrote:

> 0) os is ubuntu 12:10, 8 gig ram
>
> 1) driver is the one recommended by ubuntu - samsung unified printer driver
>
> 2) printer is samsung black only laser printer circa 2012 - model ml2545
>
> 3) i usually can print on first try from web - mostly text
>
> 4) however, multiple attempts may or may not work. all looks good, the
>    driver takes in multiple pages, thinks, the printer icon shows up,
>    then goes away. there seems to be nothing in the debug from the printer
>    icon under settings.
>
> 5) if i fiddle with the process a couple of times, it may finally print.
>
> 6) how do i debug this problem since i don't know if the problem is with
>    the browser (firefox), the driver, the printer.
>
> 7) i was trying to print a recipe with pictures from the web, no go.
>    so converted to a file using firefox print to file option. the
>    resulting pdf does not print.
>
> 8) usually printing code gives me no issues.
>
> 9) all software is up to date
>
> 10) it has been acting this way for months, don't print much
>
> your help is greatly appreciated
>
> david
>
> --
> David López
> Software Engineer

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy). Remove addresses
from a forwarded message body before clicking Send.