Dolphin won't restore to right size.

Matt Graham mhgraham at crow202.org
Wed Aug 21 08:22:53 MST 2013

On 2013-08-21 03:42, Derek Trotter wrote:
> Kubuntu 13.04 , KDE 4.11.0 and Dolphin 2.2.  When I launch Dolphin,
> it remembers the size when I last resized it.  However when I maximize
> then restore, it doesn't go back to the size it was before.  It goes
> back to the correct width, but only a little over half the height.

Do you have multiple video outputs on this machine?   Open a konsole
and see what xrandr tells you.  I had a similar problem earlier with my
older video card that had composite-out.  Main monitor's 1400x900,
TV-out was 800x600.  Firefox thought the screen was only 600 pixels
high, so it'd only draw menus with a max height of 600px.  I did
something like "xrandr --output TV off" except when I was actually using
the TV-out, which seemed to get firefox working better.

(Tangentially related:  Why would you ever have 1 application taking up
the whole screen unless that application was a game, a movie, an image
viewer, or an IDE?)

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity