fix lockup issue left with one core

Derek Trotter expat.arizonan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 02:00:04 MST 2013

I found this
[    0.028097] smpboot: Total of 1 processors activated (4790.76 BogoMIPS)

Then I removed noapic and nolapic and rebooted.  This time I found

[    0.185214] smpboot: Total of 2 processors activated (9582.88 BogoMIPS)

I just added lapic and rebooted.  I found

[    0.145254] smpboot: Total of 2 processors activated (9583.44 BogoMIPS)

So it looks like I only had one core available.  I'll leave the machine
as it is for now and see if it behaves itself or starts locking up
again.  Of course any suggestions you or anyone else has will be
appreciated.  Another good reason to leave it as it is for now is that
it's 0200 MST and I'm going to bed.

Thanks for your reply.

Derek