possible solution

Derek Trotter expat.arizonan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 21:40:14 MST 2013

You might remember over the last 8 or 10 months, I've had problems with
this beast locking up at random.  Over the weekend I was trying to
figure out how to set the console to a higher resolution so I could get
more on the screen.  I also stumbled across the settings for kernel
parameters.  In there was spalsh apic and lapic.  I looked up what these
did and decided to try changing them to noapic and nolapic.  Then I
rebooted.  The console resolution was fixed and for 3 days now, the
machine hasn't locked up.  Has anyone heard of these apic settings
causing problems if they are enabled?

It has an AAHD2-HY motherboard*
*AMD E2 3200 Processor

It's an HP pavilion
The model is p6-2003w*
*

--
"I get my copy of the daily paper, look at the obituaries page, and if I’m not there, I carry on as usual."

Patrick Moore