music cd in wav to mpg format

Jack Hildwine jackhildwine at cox.net
Thu Apr 18 21:39:56 MST 2013

Just to be clear, audio CDs aka CD-DA or Redbook CDs, are not
file-structured media and, while the data is in PCM format, it’s in a
format optimized for error correction and sequential sector reading not
wholly unlike LPs (except CD-DAs play inside-out).

My favorite true ripper is EAC, Exact Audio Copy. Too bad it’s Win-only.
It’s practically the only thing that I run anymore on my old XP machine
with SCSI Plextor drive.

Jack Hildwine